CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Conservatives are Evil

Please read this article - http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=657562

Don't we all feel this way sometimes? I know I do. I want to have a conversation with anybody who wants to talk about the direction of this nation, but instead of a civilized debate, it turns into me being yelled at and comments like "I thought you were a smart girl," or "I didn't know you were drinking the kool-aide".

The part I find funny is the tactic of the ignorant to make you look like the idiot. I have seen ignorance on both sides, I have been in a debate with someone in a social setting and had a Conservative come up and try to support my point, only to botch the point and make it look like conservatives don't know what they are talking about, not just that person. First off, I never get baited into an argument I know nothing about. If you do, you just sound stupid. If someone tried to engage me in something I know nothing or little about I simply listen, take mental notes and then research what that person said. Hopefully, I will have the same conversation with that person at a later date and either back up their claims with facts or disprove what they presented.

I think that is a lot of the space between Liberals and Conservatives right now... ignorance. I think there are ignorant people on both sides, but I do find more that Conservatives do tend to be more informed then Liberals. Not to say all Liberals are stupid, they are not. The most genius, cunning and creative people I know are Liberals. the difference is, the truth is a lot harder to accept then a made up utopia, Progressives and Liberals like to work toward. Conservatives tend to look into issues. Try to support their opinions with facts, real facts, not just claims. Usually that is why they are Conservative, it is because they have looked into the issue, not just regurgitate wheat the media has spoon-fed them.

I believe a lot of the reason Conservatives are Conservatives is because of A.) Faith in God and B.) the desire to seek the truth. I was raised in a very Liberal household. Both my Parents are extremely Liberal and vote based on the Democratic Party. There is no research, they are presented with one side and instead of looking into the other side, they just accept what they hear first and take that as truth. Trust me, me being the Conservative I am and the Liberals they are, we have had some colorful conversations over Thanksgiving meal, but I do notice one common thread in most of our debates. Even though they are my parents, they try to use any means possible to discredit me in their own heads, because they do not like hearing the truth, the truth they know in their gut is right. An example is one Holiday meal we were discussing politics and WWII came up. I got the date of the war ending incorrect, from that point on my father used that as the example as to why I didn't know what I was talking about. He specifically said, "You can’t even get the date of the end of the war right, how can I believe anything else you are saying."

At that point what can you do? There is nothing you can do; if someone would use the fact that you got a date wrong on a war, in which the date of the war ending serves no baring on the point of the conversation, you are talking with someone who is not debating, not have a conversation, they want you to listen to them and just accept what they say as truth. At that point, I just stop talking. A lot of times they like to listen to themselves talk, I do find that a common trait among Liberals. For people who talk down to "rich white guys” they sure are wealthy and rich and want the appearance of intelligence. For people who tout tolerance of differing views and differing lifestyles, what they mean is Conservatives need to show tolerance to their beliefs, not the other way around.

I don’t think I have ever called someone an idiot or stupid in a conversation or debate. I have never been the first to raise my voice. Have I raised my voice; I can fall to that trap here and there, but I try to catch myself quick and just sit there and take it from the other person yelling. Because in the end, if anyone is watching, it is them who appear to be the ignorant one not me.

The agree with the author, it is seen as bad thing to be a Conservative these days, but I think it is just one of the crosses you have to bear to walk beside Christ. I attribute my faith as the reason for my choice to be a Conservative. My Faith is what molds most of my decisions, at least the good ones. I find that when I make the wrong choice it is because I did what I wanted to do, not what the God wanted me to do, and I always regret that decision. I always pray for the Lord to grant me patience in these discussions with people, let me be his voice in the debate. That I think is the main reason Liberals have it wrong. The do not give as much weight to their faith.

I truly believe you CANNOT be a Christian and believe in the Progressive Movement. I have met Liberal Christians who believe Abortion is wrong, who believe in gun rights, who believe life is sacred at all stages, etc, etc. But that is an old Liberal way of thinking and back in the day, I might have been one. But today's breed is not at all about common sense. It is about control, laziness and intolerance. It is about forcing their views on me and making me live by their creeds.

I don't care what kind of Christian a Liberal says they are, if you voted for our current President, you are not a practicing Christian. Any Christian who supports a candidate that supports abortion rights will have to answer for that decision on judgment day. The Bible asks us to hold our brother and sisters accountable. I choose to do that, when by the grace of God I understand the time is right. I say this prayer a lot to myself when trying to spread his word in the world of politics:

"Lord, give me the strength to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I can't and the wisdom to know the difference."
God Bless.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

If the liberals didn't work on the ideology of emotions they would not be so left leaning. This causes them to be shallow and deaf to all who oposse them.
I do not use the title republidan but rather non-partisan. yet the liberals that I know will often give me a bad attitude when they hear me talk of not being willing to be responsable for others, whether it's not being in favor of food stamps or even social security. God forbid I tell them I'm not in favor of any of the policys of our current presidant. These same people will not even let me make the point of the lack of favor of some of our former presidants policies.
So I can't say that i dissagree with you about the ignorance of the left side of our political partys, I do how ever think the point of them ruling from a emotional view is there biggest failure.
I must add that many republicans that I talk to are often not much better informed then their counter parts
sincerely, jamie smith
conservative_dude.bloogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Conservative policies kill BORN babies. That's what you get for cutting welfare and food stamps and demonizing people of color when they go ahead and have their babies. Abortion isn't the only thing going on here. Everybody talkin'bout heav'n AIN'T goin' there.