CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Am I the only one that thinks this is a load of sh#!

Read this article first: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=563492

Ok, are you as irritated and sick of this crap as I am? I don’t know why I thought she would be any different, but I guess I just expect too much out of a POSSIBLE SUPREME COURT JUSTICE. I suppose a backbone, moral and values are just asking too much.

Ok, let's just put the facts aside that obviously she is against individual gun rights and for abortion. I do not agree with her, but to be totally honest, in my opinion, her opinions shouldn’t matter. What should matter is how she interprets the constitution.

I just want one person to ask her, what does the 1st amendment mean to you??? How do you think it applies to this case or that case.

What does the second amendment mean to you and how do you think it should be applied?

What I am so sick of is people in power (mainly the people in government, which should not be the case, but that is another topic and rant for another day) they use their power to push their agendas. What ever happened to the idea of a Republic?? Her position should in no way be used to promote her agenda. But people have the inability to separate the two. And it appears she will be no exception.

How can a person, who swears to uphold the Constitution, say that gun rights do not pertain to the individual??? WHAT?!?! Are you blind??? In case you don’t know the exact wording of the Second Amendment, here it is:

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

So in what way can you see that “THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS” does not mean that the individual has the right to bear arms??? Where????? But that is what they do, they take something that is so simple, so blunt as that statement and twist into something it is not to make it support their beliefs or values. What scares me is not that she thinks we shouldn't bear arms, but why???

I think we all know why. With arms comes power. That is why the Founding Fathers gave THE PEOPLE that power. Not the Government.

We established however some, although not all its [self-government] important principles . The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, (as in electing their functionaries executive and legislative, and deciding by a jury of themselves, in all judiciary cases in which any fact is involved,) or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;

---Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. Memorial Edition 16:45, Lipscomb and Bergh, editors.


The fact that Sotomayor is even a candidate just shows me how far off we are from where we began. I tend to think freedom is only as good as the people who possess it, respect it. I look around at my brothers and sisters of this country and I don't see a whole lot of respect for the freedoms we have. Unfortunately, that respect usually comes after something is taken away and by then, it is too late.

I just wish people would challenge themselves to think outside the box. To challenge themselves to research something on their own, rather than believe what the talking heads tell them on TV. I never take a person’s word for it, no matter how much a respect them. If I respect them and they tell me something, it only bears enough weight with me to spark my interest and look into it further to create my own opinion, once faced with all the facts. Sometimes I come to the same conclusions they did, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I find out more information then they did and once presented with that additional information their opinion changes.

I guess I took the advice of a basketball coach once that told me in grade school, "Never think you know everything or that you can’t learn more, because once you do, you are limiting your own potential. Just know there is always someone else out there smarter than you, faster than you, stronger than you and if you put a cap on your gains, mental or physical, you will never be the best."

You have to always be willing to learn, listen even to the other side. I listen to people who do not agree with me all the time, usually they don’t know half of what they are talking about, but you never know who will know what they are talking about, unless you talk with them.

I guess that is what the nomination of Sotomayor means to me. We are not learning and listening to the writing on the wall. If we keep this up, we will not be in the same country we were in as children.
God Bless!

0 comments: