CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

My Thoughts on the Tea Party, April 15th

I was Gun Hoe for this idea in the beginning, but I have been doing a lot of praying and I have come to the conclusion that although it is "something" we can do, but I feel it in not enough. I feel as though this protest would be a Band-Aid on a problem that goes much deeper than just no longer spending our money like it grows on trees (or at least a printing press at the Fed). The problem we have with this country is that people refuse to stand up and be counted, not just by our Government, but by our friends, family and co-workers.

When was the last time a subject came up about Abortion, Global Warming, The Stimulus Plan, Homosexuality or dare I say Jesus and you spoke what you truly believe?? I know I can say that I have been provided opportunities in the past and I have let those opportunities to speak for the truth and for God pass me by. I made a commitment to myself and to God awhile ago, that I will no longer let those opportunities pass me by. I choose to speak up when a conversation goes to a topic I believe in. Even at the cost of offending those involved or perhaps even jeopardizing friendships and worker relationships, I believe I must do this. I have done this for a while now and I must admit, my friend list has shrunk; however, I rather offend them, then God.

Now I do not advocate brining up these issues everywhere you go or even trying to push your opinion on others, I believe that if the subject is brought up and you have an opportunity to represent the Lord, I believe we should take it as a gift from God to be an advocate for him.
This is why I believe the Tea Party is a start and I might even go down there myself, but, I believe we need to be bolder, we need to be stronger and we need to unite in Christ and come back to the beliefs of our Founding Fathers, return to a Nation Under God! Start by living the Principles and Values that are given to us by God. Educate yourself on the birth of this country, so we know when to speak up against those who are trying to destroy it. Without knowledge we have nothing. Ignorance is no excuse. You have time for TV, time for fun, time for vices… now it is time to make time for this Country and our Faith.

0 comments: