CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Status Update...

So last month marked one year since I have been writing this blog, and I think it is always good to look back from where you started to where you are now.

I have to say, I think the Nation has come a long way.

By Nation I don't mean Government, I mean this country's Citizens. A year ago when I spoke of all that I thought would happen with the economy, the background into all the White House staff, the Healthcare Plan, etc, etc...people told me I was crazy. I used to tell them, I hope you are right, I hope I am paranoid, but I knew in my gut I wasn't.

I hate that our freedoms have to be in jeopardy for people to wake up. That’s because we have been given freedom with a silver spoon my past generations and those who risk their lives everyday for our continued freedom; we just take it for granted. The quote that always comes to mind, when I think of these times is from Thomas Jefferson:

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty . . . And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Most people ask if I am promoting a rebellion of force... Of Course Not, that would make me no better then William Aires or the other radicals running Washington right now. No, I believe our choice of weapon is our minds, our ideas, our patriotism, our determination and our Faith.

Just as Women fought for equality and Blacks fought for equality, so must we fight for our country. It is a harder battle to fight, no doubt. You will be called names, you pride will be hurt, and you will be stripped of all your dignity at times. They will attempt to push you to the limit to get you to cave or fight with violence. But you have to just stand there and repeat to yourself, "I don't care what they do to me, but I will not give up my freedom of... (insert desired freedom here)."

If they try to take away my freedom of speech, they will only make a law, I will never sit down and be quiet. They may try to silence those who choose to be honest with us and I will support them, regardless of the price I will pay.

You see, when I am asked to get up from a counter because I am not allowed to sit there or when I am asked to move to the back of the bus, I will refuse. They can spit in my face, they can use fire hoses on me, they can shoot me, but I will not back down.

We must inherit the determination of generations before us. That life is precious, but life without freedom is not a life I want to live. Regardless of what they threaten, we will bring this country back, but peacefully, without violence and without harm to anyone. They may harm us, but they cannot harm our spirit and our love for this country.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent Blog. I approve. I too am a Conservative, and I cannot help but feel so lost and alone in this America that hardly resembles our country - the one that we fought for and was very hard-won.

Visit me anytime at: www.meangirlsrule.com