CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Character

Character is something I don't see to often these days. Call me a crazy, but my Character is one of the most valuable things I have. The reason... on my judgment day I don't want to have to answer for my wrong doings. That is my ultimate fear, loosing my soul. Any consequence I receive for doing the right thing, never seems to great that I would not do the right thing.

Oh, I think about the other side sometimes. I am human and in the past, I have done the wrong thing, ohhhhhhh have I done the wrong thing, but... I learned. I learned that doing the wrong thing not only felt bad, but the consequences were not worth the gain of doing the wrong thing.

So I learned that when I look someone in the eye and tell them I will be there, or I will do something or that they can count on me; I would do anything to do just that. That when someone asks me a question, I will be honest, regardless of what I believe they will think of my answer.

This is the core dysfunction with this country right now. We have allowed to many to do the wrong thing and have rewarded those who do the wrong thing, including our Government. Normally people tell me that I shouldn't expect out of others, what I expect out of myself because I will just be disappointed... that may be the case. But I choose to not just expect, but demand the same from my elected officials. If we all find our Character and hold ourselves accountable, we can do the same for others. We need to get back to a time when your word is your bond and the content of character is your wealth.

0 comments: